Well, this is so yum that we could finish the loaf in one session! But we try and hold out for two! It’s great fresh from the oven with butter, cold with butter or even better, toasted with butter. Notice the theme here. We are definitely one buttery household.
This recipe came from a our favourite #paleo bread recipe from Elana’s Pantry – Bread 2.0. This is a super bread loaf and is the one we make all the time.
- 1 1/2 c ground almonds
- 2/3 c arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp plain bio yoghurt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 to 1 c of sultanas/raisins
- Whisk eggs, maple syrup and vinegar together
- Add rest of ingredients - depending on size of your eggs the mixture will range from fairly runny to quite thick!
- Pour into a loaf tin (lined if metal), no need to line if you use silicone loaf container.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius fanbake.
- It's done when it looks toasty on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: you can heat 1 tsp apricot jam in microwave and baste over top of loaf and it will get that lovely sticky top when it's cool.